A time to gather all youth, young adults and leaders from around the Pacific Mountain Region of The United Church!
A long weekend at Camp Fircom invites youth, young adults and their leaders an opportunity to get away from city life, to retreat to a majestic island, to connect with themselves, each other, and the natural world around them.
So what's it all about?
It’s all about balance! A weekend at Camp Fircom gives provides an opportunity to both connect in an idyllic, natural setting and take some time for yourself to slow down and 'smell the cedar trees.'
- Explore our theme “What's On Your Feet?” through our community life, games, engaging sessions, singing, worship & prayer and play time
- Enjoy a campfire with s'mores and sing-a-long at Campfire Rock
- “Dance your socks off” at a Community fun dance for all! If dancing is not your thing, there’s lots more to do
- Sports: Enjoy a game of volleyball in the sandpit, a wide game on the grassy field overlooking the ocean, a game of ultimate frisbee or try your hand at archery
- Or maybe you’re into quieter activities…walking the labyrinth, a hike to Halket Bay exploring the island, crafts, journaling, or spend some time on the waterfront canoeing, kayaking or paddle boarding
- Enjoy a variety of excellent led programs. You'll get to choose what you'd like to do while you're here.
For more information: May Retreat 2019
Sponsored by YAYA Ministries in Pacific Mountain Region of The United Church of Canada.